Get instant, on-demand decontamination anywhere you go with MIRA Safety MDG-1 Personal CBRN Decontamination Gloves. These decontamination gloves were originally developed for the Serbian military where exposure to chemical threats like Sarin or VX are a daily threat.
Using a nontoxic formulation that immediately contains or neutralizes a wide range of CBRN threats, our decontamination gloves are lightweight, easy to deploy, and ideal for instantly minimizing exposure. Just rub the exposed area for proven 90% decontamination efficiency against common threats, including everything from VX to caustic mustard gas.
Guidelines recommend carrying at least two MDG-1 packages for each member of your party depending on anticipated exposure. The glove can be used for 5-10 minutes before the embedded powder has reached its capacity.
- Fingerless fabric glove for rapid, single-use emergency decontamination
- Slides on over existing gloves for rapid deployment
- Uses Velcro fixture to secure over your palm
- Rub exposed skin, equipment, or accessories for up to 90% decontamination efficiency in minutes
- Uses nontoxic, noncorrosive, nonflammable, ultra-fine (as small as 63 microns) powder/clay compound to adsorb and wipe away toxins
- Hazards are chemically bound to the surface of the montmorillonite powder, minimizing off-gassing and further spread
- Decontaminates a surface area of up to 1 metre per glove
- Based on a design developed and deployed by the Serbian Armed Forces
- Ultra-compact, smartphone-sized package is waterproof, easy to store, and deploys in seconds
- Weighs in at 5.3oz, making it a perfect addition to a bug out bag or EDC Kit
- Lasts up to five years in storage
|Dimensions||170mm x 120mm x 35mm|
|Total Mass in Package||~150 grams|
|Clay Mass||~100 grams|
|Operating Temp. Range||–25C to +55C|
|Shelf Life||5 years|
|Active Component||Clay (montmorillonite content >55%)|
|1-3% Free moisture content|
|Decontamination Efficiency||91.5% for VX exposure|
|90.1% for Soman|
|98.2% for S-Yperite|
|Ion Exchange Capacity||0.6 mmol/gram minimum|
|Total number of cations Ca2+ + Mg2+||0.28 mmol/gram minimum|
MIRA Safety MDG-1 Personal CBRN Decontamination Gloves should be stored in their original packaging in a dark room with a temperature between 41F and 77F with relative humidity of less than 75%. Stored in the original packaging, MDG-1 Personal CBRN Decontamination Gloves have a 5-year shelf life.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Once used, the glove and powder will be contaminated with any toxins or CBRN threats to which they’ve been exposed. Safe disposal of hazardous materials is crucial. Consult your local authority or your organization for guidelines on the disposal of hazardous materials.
Each unit comes with one MDG-1 CBRN Decontamination Glove. Butyl gloves (as pictured being worn underneath the MDG-1), are not included and are essential to using this product with live agents.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.