This Ultimate Base Camp Kit is the best camping kettle for family camping, large groups, scouts, outdoor education, picnics, fishing, hunting, survival kits and emergency preparedness, etc.
Kelly Kettle Ultimate Kits are the best value when purchasing Kelly Kettle products! This Kit includes:
- Base Camp Kettle Includes 1.6 litre stainless steel kettle, fire base and green whistle.
- Hobo Stove - Place this onto the fire-base of your kettle to create a stand-alone wood-fuelled stove. Takes up no extra space...it fits neatly inside the fire base of your kettle for storage.
- Cook Set - includes 0.85 litre Pot with pan/lid, grill set and gripper handle. Place the grill pieces on the fire-base to grill over the coals or, to simply create a base for the Pot/Pan to sit on.
- 2 x Cups - 500ml and 350ml. Single walled Stainless Steel. Compact: Cups have folding handles and pack inside each other. Drink, eat or cook in these cups!
- 2 x Plates - Dishwasher Safe, Stackable, Durable and tough. Suitable for outdoor or indoor use. Rim around the edge protects fingers from getting burned when plate contents are hot. Can be used as a Pan for cooking
- Base/Pot Support (New Model) - Use this to: A) Cook fast-cooking items like rice, oatmeal, noodles, soup, etc. over the chimney of your kettle, while your kettle boils. Note: Keep the kettle full with water when using the pot-support over the chimney. B) Use it to level uneven ground under the fire-base or simply to eliminate scorch marks to lawns, timber decking and picnic tables.
- Storage Bag
All items are Stainless Steel and fit neatly within the kettle itself for transport/storage.
Please see product description below for the various cooking options that this kit provides.
Total Kit weight: 2.26 kg/4.97 lb
This is an extremely efficient Camping Kit which is suitable for Fishing, hunting, Scouts, fun family picnics, Car Camping, Kayakers. Add it to your wilderness/Disaster/Earthquake or Survival kit. Superb camping gear or for anyone who works in or simply enjoys the outdoors.
The Green Whistle (has replaced the Orange stopper) will let you know when the water has boiled.
This Ultimate Kit includes the following items:
- 1.6ltr Stainless Steel Kettle and fire base. (New model kettle, no rivets and laser welded)
- Cook set - which includes: 0.85ltr Pot/Frying Pan (pot lid)/2 Piece Grill/Gripper Handle
- Pot/Base Support - two pieces which flat pack for easy packing. Use either as a pot-support over the chimney top for cooking fast items, or use as a support under the fire-base to prevent the ground beneath from scorching!
- Cup set - 500 and 350ml cups with silicone CooLip pieces, silicone coated foldable handles, measurements on the inside of the cup and polished interior for easy cleaning.
- Hobo Stove - for cooking over the fire base.
- Camping Plate Set (All the accessories are made from Stainless Steel)
- Drawstring carrying bag
Simply fuel your kettle with sticks, pine cones, bark, dry grass, etc, to boil approximately 6 cups of water fast outdoors in any weather! Uses a very small amount of fuel to heat water for hot drinks, washing up, personal hygiene, etc.
There are various cooking options with the kit.
1) Use the pot-support to cook fast items like noodles, soup, popcorn, etc, over the chimney of the kettle as the water comes to the boil.
2) Once boiled, remove the kettle and place the Hobo Stove on the fire base to create a stable wood stove for use with any size pot or pan. Refuel the Hobo and Base with sticks etc, and cook for as long as you need!
3) Drop the 2 piece grill set onto the fire base to grill chops, steak, sausages, chicken, etc. Or place a pot on the grill to do some simple cooking.
As there is no need to carry fuel, this kit will keep your pack light and save you money at the same time - never worry about running out of fuel again! All fit neatly within the kettle itself for transport or storage.
If more than 1.6 ltrs of water is required (this kettle will easily and quickly boil water for 10-14 people within a matter of minutes) simply refill the kettle with water and place it back on the firebase. Refuel the chimney again and your kettle will boil again within approx. 3-5 minutes.
Fire Base and Drawstring carrying bag are included as standard with each Kelly Kettle. The durable steel fire base inverts up into the bottom of our kettles to make the unit as compact as possible for transport and storage.
Please note: The Kettle has been designed to boil water extremely fast in all weather conditions using very little fuel. When filled with water, the Kelly Kettle should always be carried upright to avoid any spillage/leakage from the water spout or chimney top.
Older Kettles may have an Orange Rubber or Cork Stopper. These MUST ALWAYS be removed before using the kettle. The Kettle must never be boiled with these older stoppers in the spout.
|Diameter||Kettle width 15.5cm/Widest point of fire base is 18.5cm|
|Item Weight||1.9 kg/4.2 lb|
|Product Capacity||Kettle 1.6 ltr|
|Kettle Height||33 cm|
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.