Plug-and-play pre-engineered irrigation systems ensure the simple assembly of a proven solution, scalable from 2-60m2, without the need for external specialists to consult on irrigation. The Medium Irritagtion Kit can be plumbed into water mains or use water manually filled in a Tank System (sold separetely)
Using a flood irrigation system, the pump only runs for 1 to 2 hours at a time and therefore uses less electricity than traditional hydroponic solutions.
Automation of the whole system is simple to install. An outdoor timer is recommended to allow for the correct amount of watering time depending on climate and plant types being grown. The water input is connected to the master tank (sold separately) and controlled by the float valve that allows the system to refill as needed.
- DC40 Submersible Pump
- Inline Filter
- 65ft Irrigation Piping
- 13ft Flex Eve Tubing
- 36 Drippers (4L/hour)
- Clips and Connectors
*Rails, Pots, and tanks sold separately
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
How It Works
- The dripper system is placed at the top of the wall, dripping water into the pots.
- The water drains through the pots and down the wall, into the tanks.
- The same water is used again in the irrigation system when a pump is installed in the master tank.
- Watering is done on a wet-dry cycle.
- Flood irrigation means water will fill the system for one hour, flood the full wall, and then be left to dry before watering again.
- The pump is attached to an electrical outlet.
- The user can install a timer to manage watering times.
Note: Water doesn’t run on the wall, but in case of accidental leak, an additional plastic ground sheet can be used behind the rail to redirect water to the ground or into the tanks.
Our system is modular and scalable. From a small 5 pot home veggie growing solution, to a full scale commercial project, the modular system can adapt to meet the requirements. Combine the Medium Irrigation Kit with an Pot System / Tank System (sold separately) for a fully automated and expandable vertical farming experience.