This is a frame-lock knife with smooth and reliable deployment and the quality of a Buck knife for an affordable price. The Bones is a modern and high-tech design with special attention to ergonomics including a curved handle with grip points. These grip points are built-in at three critical pressure points to ensure a secure grasp. To keep this knife at its lightest, the skeletal framework minimizes material weight while maintaining strength. The blade is partially serrated for added performance. The knife features a one-hand ambidextrous open blade deployment with a thumb stud.
- A frame lock functions like a liner lock, but the locking mechanism is a section of the handle “frame”—on the side of the knife. The “frame lock” is a channeled lock arm that moves inward to lock against the blade when the knife is opened. Pushing outward releases it from its “locked position” so the user can close the blade. Benefits are fewer moving parts and lighter weight.
- Holding many of the same features as the regular tanto blade, the angled point is modified between the front edge and the bottom edge on this particular blade. Holds up to piercing, scraping, and prying with tough materials.
- 420HC Steel approaches the wear resistance of high carbon alloys while delivering the corrosion resistance of chromium stainless steels.
- User-friendly combination of superior corrosion resistance with excellent strength for wear resistance and durability.
- Easy to resharpen.
- Hardened to a Rockwell hardness of Rc 58.
- Serrations give your Buck blade greater cutting power. Especially useful when cutting line and/or cables.
- Every Buck Knife is warrantied to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the knife, and will be repaired or replaced with a new knife, at our option, if defective. Buck Knives does not warranty its products against normal wear, misuse, or product modifications. Buck Knives are not intended to be used as hammers, chisels, pry bars, or screwdrivers.
Blade Length: 3in (7.6cm)
Closed Length: 4.63in (11.76cm)
Weight: 4.4oz (125.3g)
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.