This kind of double bit axe was originally used by lumberjacks, who benefitted from the possibility of always having a sharp axe around. While using one edge for rough work, they could be more careful with the other. Today it is primarly employed in throwing competitions among enthusiasts. The axe is hand forged and made from Swedish quality steel in the forge at Hults Bruk. The forging tradition goes as far back as 1697, and the steel head is struck 40-60 times to increase density and durability to the head. This axe has been named after Bo Wetterhall, the man who served longer than anyone at Hults Bruk. Take care of your axe and it will stay a faithful companion for many years to come.
- Wooden handle from American hickory, treated with linseed oil
- The edge is sharpened, polished and ready to use
- Leather axe sheath included
- Head Weight: 1600 g
- Weight including handle: 2280 g
- Handle: Hickory
- 760 mm/30"
- Surface Axe Head: Oil treatment
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.