Making cheese at home allows you to choose your own ingredients and decide what works best for you. This Cheese Making Kit will help you to achieve consistent size wheels every time and includes:
Cheese Press: This stainless steel Cheese Press is designed for making small batches of cheese at home. The cylinder will hold curds made from 1-2 gallons of milk and will make a 1-2lb wheel of cheese. Pressing cheese is a process that expels remaining moisture from the curd and improves the final texture, creating a firm rind on the outside of the cheese and a smooth, uniform consistency within. Pressing gives the cheese the traditional wheel shape and readies it for ageing. Cheese Press is dishwasher safe and easy to use - simply crank the handle to press out the whey and make a perfectly formed wheel of cheese.
Cheese and Butter Muslin: A fine weave 90 thread count, reusable cloth made from 100% cotton. Used to drain curds and line cheese moulds and/or colanders. Hand wash after every use. Sterilize before use. 1 square yard.
Cheese Wax: Cheese wax is made for coating cheeses to prevent unwanted mould growth while retaining moisture while ageing cheese. This 1lb brick will wax approximately 12-20 cheeses when using the brushed-on technique. If using the dipping method, you will need at least a 5-pound block. This wax is pliable and will not become brittle. Store in a cool place, away from any high heat. Will keep indefinitely.
Three essential tools for cheese making:Stainless Steel Cheese Press
- Hardened steel gears
- Stainless steel base and cylinder
- Cylinder removes easily to fill and clean
- Approximate Dimensions: 15in H x 9.25in W x 6in Deep
- Cylinder Dimensions: 6.25in H x 5.5in W
- Polypropylene whey catching base
- 100% cotton - 90 thread count
- 1 square yard
- Hand wash
- Sterilize before every use
- Size: 1lb brick
- Pliable and will not become brittle
- Store in a cool place, away from any high heat. Will keep indefinitely.
- A formulation of paraffin and microcrystalline wax
- Food Grade colouring
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.