For the inside honing and polishing of turning gouges, carving gouges and V-tools. With exchangeable profiles.
- With the profiled leather honing wheels LA-120 you can hone and polish the inside of turning gouges, carving gouges and V-tools.
- You mount the extra wheels on the outer side of the standard honing wheel.
- LA-120 is delivered with two standard discs. The first has a radius of 3 mm (1/8in) for gouges and the second has a 60 degree tip for v-tools.
- Used together with the Tormek Honing Compound PA-70. When the discs are new, impregnate them with a few drops of light machine oil before you apply the honing compound.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
Mounts outside the standard honing wheel. This wheel has exchangeable leather discs so you can easily replace a disc with a worn tip. Discs with alternative, narrower profiles are available as optional extra. The two standard discs have a radius of 3mm (1/8in) and a 60 degree tip. The set of optional extra discs have a radius of 2mm (3/32in) and a 45 degree tip. These smaller disc profiles permit the honing of small carving tools with very narrow profiles. The diameter of the larger wheel has been increased from 100mm (4in) to 120mm (4.75in), which speeds up the honing process. This design has a larger and also deeper space between the two profiles compared to the previous LA-100, and therefore it permits inside honing of tools with wide and deep profiles. You can fit the LA-120 outside your existing LA-100 (or the LA-100 outside the LA-120) and use two discs on the same machine. You can also mount double LA-120 wheels, one with standard profiles and one with set of narrow discs, and thus have access to four various profiles at the same time.