In taste tests involving watermelons, the heirloom variety Crimson sweet consistently wins for the sweetest flavour. Moreover, the variety is early maturing and fruits are ice-box size, not too big and not too small. The vines are not as long as regular watermelons and it has fewer seeds for more good eating.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
Direct-sow seed after frost danger in spring. Choose a sunny location and fertile, well-drained soil. For extra earliness start seed indoors four weeks before outdoor planting to obtain healthy transplants.
- Planting Depth: 12mm (1/2in)
- Seed Spacing: Groups of 3 - 5
- Row Spacing: 21m - 24m (7ft - 8ft)
- Plant Spacing: 1.8m (6ft)
|Days to Sprout:||7 - 14 days|
|Days to Maturity:||80 - 90 days|