This winter type is one of the most popular for home and market gardeners. Fruits are pointed, acorn-shaped, 5-1/2in (14cm) long and about 4in (10cm) in diameter. An ancient, early cropping variety. Uniformly ridged, smooth, dark green skin with a light yellow flesh that bakes dry and sweet. Try them baked with a butter and brown sugar baste or use them as edible bowls stuffed with a saute of other vegetables.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
Direct-sow seeds after frost danger in spring. Choose a sunny location with fertile, well-drained soil. For extra earliness, start seed indoors four weeks before outdoor planting. Improve clay or sandy soils with compost.
- Planting Depth: 18mm - 24mm (3/4in - 1in)
- Seed Spacing: Groups of 4 - 6
- Row Spacing: 150cm - 180cm (5ft - 6ft)
- Plant Spacing: 90cm - 120cm (3ft - 4ft)
|Days To Sprout:||5 - 12 days|
|Days To Harvest:||80 days|