This winter storage squash produces fruits about 12in (30cm) long and 10in (25cm) across with tapered ends. The bumpy skin is hard and very deep green. The flesh inside is orange-yellow, fine grained, and very flavourful. Excellent baked, steamed or microwaved.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
Choose a sunny location with fertile, well-drained soil. Improve sandy or clay soils with compost. Direct-sow seeds into the garden after frost danger in spring, or start seed indoors four weeks before outdoor planting to gain young transplants for earliest yields.
- Planting Depth: 18mm - 24mm (3/4in - 1in)
- Seed Spacing: Groups of 4 - 6
- Row Spacing: 150cm - 180cm (5ft - 6ft)
- Plant Spacing: 90cm - 120cm (3ft - 4ft)
|Days To Sprout:||5 - 12 days|
|Days To Harvest:||105 - 115 days|