A very popular wonderful tasting winter squash. The oblong, tan-skinned fruits grow about 8in (20cm) long and are bulbous at one end. The seed cavity is small so there is lots of flesh with a sweet, nutty flavour. Excellent baked, steamed or microwaved. Stores extremely well. A large vigorous-growing vine.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
Choose a sunny location with a fertile, well-drained soil. Plant at least 4 feet apart and allow the vigorous vines to knit together. Improve sandy and clay soils with compost. Plants are tender and seed should be direct-sown after the last expected frost date, or start seed indoors four weeks before outdoor planting to obtain young transplants.
- Planting Depth: 19mm - 25mm (3/4in - 1in)
- Seed Spacing: Groups of 4 - 6
- Row Spacing: 150cm - 180cm (5ft - 6ft)
- Plant Spacing: 190cm - 120cm (3ft - 4ft)
|Days To Sprout:||5 - 12 days|
|Days To Maturity:||100 - 110 days|