This is one of the most popular winter squashes. The turban shaped fruits have dark green skin flecked with grey spots and grow to about 8in / 20cm across. Weight averages 3-4lb (1-2kg). The sweet, meaty flesh is deep orange. Excellent baked, steamed or microwaved. Stores well. Shortly before fall frost cut from the plant, leaving a portion of the stem attached.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
Direct-sow seed after frost danger in spring. Choose a sunny location with fertile, well-drained soil. For extra earliness, start seed indoors four weeks before outdoor planting. To improve clay or sandy soils, add compost.
- Planting Depth: 19mm - 25mm (3/4in - 1in)
- Seed Spacing: Groups of 4 - 6
- Row Spacing: 180cm - 240cm (6ft - 8ft)
- Plant Spacing: 120cm - 150cm (4ft - 5ft)
|Days To Sprout:||5 - 12 days|
|Days To Maturity:||100 - 105 days|