A hardy, cool-weather vegetable that is easy to grow and chock full of goodness.
Because of its heat tolerance and resistance to bolting, this is an excellent summer substitute for conventional spinach. The attractive plants have a bush-like habit and produce distinctive triangular leaves. Use the succulent leaves and young stems fresh in salads or cooked. Grows as a perennial in mild winter areas. Harvest regularly to encourage new succulent growth. Thrives in hot dry weather.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
Seed can be direct sown after frost danger in spring, or started indoors 6 weeks before outdoor planting for extra early harvests. Choose a sunny location and a fertile soil that drains well. Improve sandy or clay soils with compost.
- Planting Depth: 12mm (1/2in)
- Seed Spacing: 2.5cm (1in)
- Row Spacing: 75cm - 90cm (30in - 36in)
- Plant Spacing: 45cm - 60cm (18in - 24in)
|Light:||Partial / Full Sun|
|Days To Sprout:||8 - 15 days|
|Days To Maturity:||65 - 75 days|