The easiest and quickest vegetable to grow! Other than avoiding heavy clay or very sandy soil, radishes are not fussy. Sow early varieties in a sunny site as soon as the ground is workable in the spring – winter radishes are generally sown in mid-summer.
A handsome long radish with glistening, pure white roots up to 5in / 12.5cm long. Icicle-shaped roots have white skin and white flesh that is crisp and mild. A good variety for commercial growers and home gardeners.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
Radishes are hardy and will withstand lights frosts. Direct-sow seed into the garden several weeks before the last expected spring frost date. Choose a sunny location with fertile soil that drains well. Keep soil free from weeds. Any crowding of the roots will affect quality.
- Planting Depth: 6mm (1/4in)
- Seed Spacing: 12mm - 25mm (1/2in - 1in)
- Row Spacing: 15cm - 30cm (6in - 12in)
- Plant Spacing: 2.5cm - 5cm (1in - 2in)
|Days To Sprout:||6 - 10 days|
|Days To Maturity:||28 - 30 days|