The easiest and quickest vegetable to grow! Other than avoiding heavy clay or very sandy soil, radishes are not fussy. Sow early varieties in a sunny site as soon as the ground is workable in the spring – winter radishes are generally sown in mid-summer.
This unique winter variety produces long, cylindrical roots that are perhaps the least pungent of the winter radishes. A good keeper.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
Direct-sow seed in early spring several weeks before the last expected frost date. Broadcast seed in a 12 inch wide row and ensure at least 1 inch spacing between roots by thinning crowded seedlings. Make succession sowing every two weeks for a continuous supply until hot weather arrives, and renew sowings in late summer for fall harvest.
- Planting Depth: 6mm (1/4in)
- Seed Spacing: 12mm - 25mm (1/2in - 1in)
- Row Spacing: 15cm - 30cm (6in - 12in)
- Plant Spacing: 2.5cm - 5cm (1in - 2in)
|Days To Sprout:||6 - 10 days|
|Days To Maturity:||52 days|