The MD-1 is the only dedicated, reusable children’s gas mask available on the market today. It’s engineered to meet the same strict standards as our adult masks with a lighter weight, more compact size, and detachable hose for reduced weight and improved comfort. It uses the same NATO standard 40mm filters as all other MIRA Safety gas masks and is also compatible with our Powered Air-Purifying Respirator.
Medium: Children 2 to 6 years old
Large: Kids 6 to 12 years old
Please note that gas mask filters and accessories are sold separately.
Designed to protect children against:
- Poisonous substances
- Biological aerosols
- Radioactive dust
- Iodine radionuclides and their organic compounds
- Aerosols (dust, fog, fumes)
- Manufactured in 2021 with a 10-year shelf life
- Articulating mesh 5-point head harness for added comfort
- Made from durable and chemical-resistant natural rubber
- Designed with a panoramic polycarbonate visor (>70% field of vision) for added situational awareness
- Comes with an oronasal inner mask to prevent fogging
- Can be used in temperatures ranging from –30 to 50 C
- Uses standard 40 mm NATO threaded filter cartridges
- Comes with a 40 mm tube that can be used to reduce the weight on a child's face, allowing the filter to be carried in a pouch
- Weighs in at just over 1lb with hose attached
- Available in two sizes for children of different ages
- Made in Serbia
(1) MD-1 Children's Gas Mask
(1) 40mm NATO threaded extension hose
Weight: 500g maximum (without bag or filter)
Field of View: >70%
Material of Facepiece: Natural Rubber
Facepiece Colour: Navy Blue
Material of Visor: Polycarbonate
Filter Connection Thread: EN 148-1 Standard 40mm x 1/7in
Exhalation Resistance at 30l/min Airflow: 90 Pa
Standard MD-1 Children’s Gas Masks must be stored in a dark, cool, dust-free environment that is ventilated regularly and free from sudden temperature changes. Temperatures may vary between 5C and 25C with relative humidity up to 60%. The stored products should not be exposed to radiant heat or sunshine. Fuels, solvents, lubricants, and other inflammable substances must not be stored with the masks.
Do not store with or near any electrical machines or appliances that produce electric sparks or discharges during operation (ozone creation).
Avoid deformation of the rubber parts of the facepiece and internal mask when storing the masks. Inspect gas masks regularly to ensure they effectively seal to the user's face as needed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to breathing resistance on all negative pressure gas masks, a “balloon” test is recommended to ensure that a mask can be safely used during an emergency. A standard negative-pressure gas mask should only be used by children that can blow up a balloon with their own lung power.
Even if your child passes the balloon test, we highly recommend using a Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR) with the MD-1 Children’s Gas Mask to reduce fatigue. PAPRs use a powered fan unit to improve airflow and create positive pressure for added protection from airborne contaminants. MIRA Safety’s PAPR unit is flexible and can be used with any of our 40 mm NATO standard gas masks.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.