This detachable unit upgrades your standard gas mask to a powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR mask) that uses an integrated blower instead of lung power for improved airflow and positive pressure within your gas mask.
MIRA Safety's PAPR is based on an enhanced design from the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF), modified to use standard AA batteries, and available at a third of the closest competitor's price. Anyone will breathe more easily and comfortably while wearing a PAPR respirator, however it's ideal for those with a limited lung capacity who may not otherwise be able to wear a mask.
PLEASE NOTE: The MB-90 does not come with filters. Filters of choice must be purchased separately.
- Compact, lightweight blower mounts to your belt or pack then connects to your gas mask via a standard 40mm NATO hose
- Compatible with any traditional 40mm NATO threaded gas mask
- Filters attach directly to the PAPR unit instead of the gas mask for improved mobility
- The slim form allows for use in tight/confined spaces
- Originally developed by the Israeli Ministry of Defence for rugged, combat-ready use
- Adapted by an Israeli Defence contractor to meet MIRA Safety specifications, with improved components and housing
- Provides up to 90 l/min of sustained airflow
- Uses affordable, easy-to-find AA batteries (up to 12 hours from 8 batteries)
- Impact-resistant polycarbonate design for rugged performance
- MB-90 PAPR
- 40mm NATO threaded hose
- Body rig
- Weight (with batteries): 809 grams (28.9 ounces)
- Power supply: 8 x AA batteries (also compatible with NiMH and LiSO2 batteries)
- Airflow: 90 l/min at overall resistance of up to 65mm water
- Operating time (without replacing batteries): Up to 12 hours
- Shelf life: 10 years
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.