Hultafors' classic trekking hatchet is the perfect outdoor companion, whether you are hiking in the wild or just need to work on the camp fire. The hatchet comes in handy for almost any task in the forest, but first and foremost for camp site work, such as collecting and processing fire wood and building shelter. Because of its versatility and light weight, Hultån has become a best seller. The hatchet is hand forged and made from Swedish quality steel in the forge at Hults Bruk. The forging tradition goes as far back as 1697, and the steel head is struck 40-60 times to increase density and durability to the head. The hatchet is named after Hultån, the stream where the water for the water wheels was once taken. Take care of your hatchet and it will stay a faithful companion for many years to come.
- Wooden handle from American hickory, treated with linseed oil
- Convex grind edge
- The edge is sharpened, polished and ready to use
- Leather axe sheath included
- Head Weight: 500 g
- Handle Type: Curved
- Weight including handle: 810 g
- Handle: Hickory
- Handle Length: 375 mm/15"
- Surface Axe Head: Oil treatment
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.