The 420 Series is the smaller of Heco's two elite cookstoves and is manufactured by the Amish in Lancaster County, PA. This stove is designed to burn wood or anthracite coal and includes an upper warming closet (warming oven), and a solid brushed steel cooktop with removable eyes. The stove is welded rather than bolted together, making it airtight and efficient. The beauty of this wood cookstove is that it meets all of your baking, cooking, heating and hot water (when paired with a range boiler tank) needs when living off-grid, or used as a second heat/cooking source in your current home or additional living space. At Good2GoCo, we believe that if you have food, water and heat, you can survive many situations in all seasons!
- Solid brushed steel cooktop-top will patina and colour with use
- Warming closet
- Airtight glass firebox door
- Airtight glass oven door
- Food-grade porcelain enamel-lined oven
- Removable oven tray for easy clean-up
- Black porcelain enamel finish
- Large firebox
- Oven thermometer
- Scraper/poker rod
- Ash pan
- External shaker handle (coal burning)
- Automatic Thermostatic Control
- Air wash Control
- Easy-Access cleanout
- Made from American steel
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.
- UL Listed: Yes
- CSA Approved: No
- Heco is tested to CAN/ULC-S627
- Listed & Tested by Guardian in the USA: https://www.firetesting.com/
- If applicable, please contact your insurance company prior to purchasing to ensure you meet their requirements. Insurance companies may accept a WETT Report from a certified WETT Installer (click the link to search in your area) for uncertified stoves. This ensures the company that the stove has been safely installed. Some insurance companies will allow consumers to install their own stoves if a certified WETT installer provides an inspection report.
- Check your local building codes and municipal by-laws regarding restrictions on uncertified stoves or necessary permits that may be required.
- We recommend you research thoroughly before purchasing. All stoves are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Cooking Surface: 42.25 in. W x 21 in. D
Height to Warming Oven Bottom: 16.54 in. H
Height to Warming Oven Shelf Top: 27.27 in. H
Stove Size w/Handles: 47.25 in. W x 33.25 in. D
Oven Size: 21 in. D x 18 in. W x 13 in. H
Firebox: 19 in. D x 12 in. W x 17 in. H
Door Openings: 12 in. W x 9.5 in. H
Exhaust Size: 6 in.
BTU Rating: 72,000
Fuel: Wood or Anthracite Coal
Average Burn Time (depending on wood type): 8-12 hours
Heating Area: Up To 2,000 sq. ft.
Total Weight: 775 lbs (stove weight only excluding warming oven).
Draft Regulator: DS Hot Air Bi-Metal
Floor Protection: 48 in. x 58 in. non-combustible flooring required
UL Listed: Yes
CSA Approved: No
Heco is tested to CAN/ULC-S627
*Chimney Pipe not included
The warming closet with shelf is a very practical feature and will be used on a daily basis for things such as:
- Keeping meals & drinks warm
- Drying egg shells, herbs, fruits, vegetables
- Storing your sourdough starter
- Bread dough rising
- Ferments (vegetables, fruits, kombucha-speeds up the process)
- Softening butter, hard oils or other condiments
- Seedling starts (acts like a warming tray)
- Warming therapeutic grain/rice bags for neck, shoulders & back
- Drying winter mitts, gloves, and other articles of clothing
- The uses are endless!