Generally speaking, it's an anticorrosion process. Gyokucho uses the latest chemical process to plate their blades with a micro-thin nickel coating. This is accomplished without the use of an electrical current, so the plating is a very uniform thickness. After being plated, the nickel plating enhances durability against rust. The plating process produces such a smooth surface that adhesion of tree resins is greatly reduced, and if it occurs, is easily washed from the blade with warm water. As you may know, rust is always a problem with steel products, particularly in humid and coastal areas. Gyokucho's Special Surface Treatment helps to prevent rust and tarnish.
- Blade Length: 240m
- Blade thickness: 0.45mm
- Blade depth: 65mm to 82mm
- Cutting Width: 0.73mm
- Teeth Pitch: 1.3mm/3.8mm-2.4mm
- Crosscut pitch: 1.2mm/20tpi
- Progressive rip pitch: 2.5mm to 3.9mm/10 to 6.5 tpi
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.