The popular Mini Classroom Pack has been joined by a larger brother, the Maxi II. This chick incubation kit comes complete with a lesson plan for hatching 14 chicken or duck eggs in the classroom. Ideal for elementary teachers wanting to introduce the wonders of life to their students.
The Maxi II incubator classroom kit comes in a sturdy reusable storage box and consists of:
- "The Egg Story" Lesson Plan manual on CD-ROM
- New Maxi II Advance digital incubator with fully automatic egg turning and autostop feature (capacity 14 hen eggs or 40 quail eggs with optional small egg disk) with NEW external water top-up
- Preset temperature and easy to use menu-driven controls
- Digital display of temperature with high and low alarms including NEW room temperature alarm
- Programmable automatic turning with count down to hatch day and autostop
- OvaScope battery-operated egg scope to watch the live embryo develop inside the egg
- EcoGlow chick brooder
- Plastic chick enclosure
- 1 Qt (litre) Drinker
- Full operating and troubleshooting instructions
- List of fertile eggs suppliers
- 3-year warranty
"The Egg Story" lesson plan explains the entire process of hatching eggs with day-by-day colour pictures of developing and hatching a chicken. It shows how an egg is formed, what its different parts and functions are, and how a chick embryo develops and hatches. It also gives an insight into particular biological topics such as blood circulation, respiration, and bones.
Further useful resources have been included at the end of the manual to consolidate the embryology and hatching project, but also to enhance programs in nutrition and mathematics for instance. Particularly suited to elementary and middle school science projects, the lesson plans are flexible and can easily be tailored to younger students' needs.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.