This forest axe is a beautiful hybrid with many types of use. Aby has a straighter edge and grinding, and a good finger notch below the head for increased precision. The long, thin ergonomic handle minimizes the weight, at the same time giving you great force when striking. This axe is perfect for shelter building, processing firewood, and carving, as well as precision work. In short, it is your perfect forest companion. The axe is hand forged and made from Swedish quality steel in the forge at Hults Bruk. The forging tradition goes as far back as 1697, and the steel head is struck 40-60 times to increase density and durability to the head. This axe is named after Aby, the nearest village to Hults Bruk, where many of the workers lived in the middle of the 20th century. Take care of your axe and it will stay a faithful companion for many years to come.
- Wooden handle from American hickory, treated with linseed oil
- Straighter egde with Scandinavian grind
- The edge is sharpened, polished and ready to use
- Leather axe sheath included
- Head Weight: 700g
- Handle Type: Curved
- Weight including handle: 1200g
- Handle: Hickory
- Handle Length: 600mm/24in
- Surface Axe Head: Oil treatment
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.