Good2GoCo Inc. is a rapidly growing Canadian owned and operated ecommerce company, specializing in emergency preparedness, outdoor living gear (camping, backpacking, hunting, backyard campfires) as well as homestead and off-grid products. Our head office is located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia. We are looking for an experienced Technical Content Writer.
Reporting to the Ecommerce Manager, the Content Writer will develop a content plan for blogs, social media and product descriptions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the leadership of the Ecommerce Manager, develop a content plan for the knowledge bases: blogs, how-to articles, FAQs, reference materials.
- Conduct content audits to identify gaps in existing content.
- Identify user needs using data and feedback across multiple teams/stakeholders.
- Work with web developer to test functionality, provide usability feedback, and improve website design.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Support Team to monitor customer feedback to improve customer experience.
- Under the direction of the Ecommerce Manager and in conjunction with the Web Developer, remain familiar with new software features to improve customer experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Degree/diploma in a writing-intensive field or equivalent skills and experience creating and editing technical content that can be demonstrated with a portfolio.
- Excellent technical knowledge in one or all these areas:
- emergency preparedness.
- outdoor living gear (camping, backpacking, hunting, backyard campfires).
- homesteading and gardening.
- off-grid products.
- Experience designing and delivering customer-facing and technical documentation.
- Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content.
- Experience producing/editing video tutorials to help users learn and maximize value from the platform.
- E-commerce and/or B2B software platform experience – Shopify and Gorgias experience an asset.
- Experience managing messaging with multiple social media platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with Search Engine Optimization and keyword searches.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills – working across multiple sectors in our organization: Ecommerce, Buying, Customer Service and Web Development.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Extended health benefits package.
- Employee discount on Good2GoCo products.
Do you feel like this is the position for you? Then submit your resume below.
Please note that while we thank you for your interest in our company, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.