Good2GoCo Inc. is a rapidly growing Canadian owned and operated ecommerce company, specializing in emergency preparedness, outdoor living gear (camping, backpacking, hunting, backyard campfires) as well as homestead and off-grid products. Our head office is located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia. We are looking for several full time Junior Buyers to fill key product categories:
- Off-Grid and Solar products.
- Health products (nutraceuticals, vitamins, essential oils).
Reporting to the Senior Buyer, the Junior Buyer will be responsible for purchasing in key categories based on market research, analysis within budgets. The successful candidate may work onsite or offsite.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The Junior Buyer is responsible for identifying products, replenishment of stock through report analysis and customer input and utilizing category product knowledge to research and procure new products, ensuring competent performance of suppliers. Supports ecommerce and showroom sales by ensuring high fill rates with minimal levels of inventory and obsolescence costs.
- Develop and run forecasts utilizing sales analysis based on data extracted from sales reports.
- Analyze forecasts to determine required re-orders.
- Maintain and review sales of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and model stock inventory.
- Provide regular feedback to Warehouse Manager and Customer Service Manager on a logistical level to determine supply and timeline requirements.
- Prepare and administer purchase orders and review requisitions for products.
- Coordinate delivery dates on shipments to ensure product availability.
- Successfully achieve and report periodically against pre-determined inventory metrics.
- Work collaboratively with Warehouse Manager on inventory management and logistics.
- Support purchasing administrative team with basic functions related to supplier invoicing, product pricing etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in purchasing, marketing, store operations and/or industrial sales.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in relevant field and/or equivalent training and experience.
- The following are considered assets:
- Prior experience working in ecommerce/retail setting.
- Prior knowledge of Canadian outdoor products, preparedness, off-grid market.
- Previous industry contacts in key categories.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong negotiating skills – vendor sourcing and cost-saving.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to prepare and present reports suitable for buying team discussion.
- Team player – work effectively within buying team under the leadership of Senior Buyer.
- Ability to perform basic business analytics (sales reporting, forecasting).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience working with Oracle NetSuite and 3PL Central an asset.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Maintain a strong technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Extended health benefits package.
- Employee discount on Good2GoCo products.
Do you feel like this is the position for you? Then submit your resume below.
Please note that while we thank you for your interest in our company, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.