Good2GoCo Inc. is a rapidly growing Canadian owned and operated ecommerce company, specializing in emergency preparedness, outdoor living gear (camping, backpacking, hunting, backyard campfires) as well as homestead and off-grid products. Our head office is located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia. We are looking for an experienced Ecommerce Associate.
Reporting to the Ecommerce Manager, the Ecommerce Associate will perform all assigned duties related to entering and updating product information into the Shopify PLUS platform. This includes (but is not limited to) editing and rewriting product descriptions to provide a more personal customer experience. Knowledge in some or all of the products that we carry on the Good2GoCo website will be an asset.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Input product information into Shopify - upload new products and update existing products.
- Create new product listings, including writing product descriptions, as well as coordinating the acquisition of digital assets (ex. pictures, videos, etc.) with members of the marketing team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical. Tagging products and collections with keywords will be required for customers to be able to search and find similar products on our website and search engines.
- Verify product entry content/data with other Ecommerce Associates to check for accuracy. This will be performed each time a new product is entered.
- Thoroughly researching Google product categories to determine appropriate product types in Shopify with excellent accuracy.
- Checking previously entered product listings for errors and correcting/updating as necessary.
- Using descriptive language to write product descriptions that provide a more personal customer experience.
- Use of excellent grammar and spelling is essential in product description work.
- Research products to determine description including usage, sizing and other useful information to include in product descriptions.
Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 2-5 years administrative/ecommerce experience.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent word processing, writing and editing skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Works collaboratively with team in virtual environment – this work qualifies to be done off-site if required or necessary.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Shopify backend platform knowledge.
- Experience using Microsoft Teams.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Content Development (product listings, blogs).
- Experience in HTML/HTML5.
- Ability to work independently on a computer.
- Access to reliable internet.
- PST Working Hours (8am-4:30pm); Monday to Friday.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including data entry, editing, writing and word processing.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Extended health benefits package.
- Employee discount on Good2GoCo products.
- Work remotely
Do you feel like this is the position for you? Then submit your resume below.
Please note that while we thank you for your interest in our company, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.