Good2GoCo Inc. is a rapidly growing Canadian owned and operated ecommerce company, specializing in emergency preparedness, outdoor living gear (camping, backpacking, hunting, backyard campfires) as well as homestead and off-grid products. Our head office is located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia. We are looking for a Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk to work onsite at our Good2GoCo warehouse.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk will be responsible for data entry, filing, reconciling books, and supporting the finance dept with payables/receivables.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete payments/controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, reconciling invoices.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts/cost centres by analyzing invoice and expense reports; records entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verify excise tax numbers, schedule/prepare cheques, resolve purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements to invoices and purchase orders.
- Research and resolve accounts payable issues with vendors.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Previous accounting experience required.
- Proficient with AP module in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Skilled at tracking budget expenses.
- Organized with an attention to detail/thoroughness.
- Ability to analyze information.
- Ability to develop effective vendor relationships.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- General math and data entry skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Extended health benefits package.
- Employee discount on Good2GoCo products.
Do you feel like this is the position for you? Then submit your resume below.
Please note that while we thank you for your interest in our company, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.